Monday, September 22, 2008

CFOT Final Results: And the Winner Is...



So all of the tallying is finished with (by the way, if any of you disagree with your point totals, please let me know; I definitely could've made some mistakes so please double-check my figures and the workout results).

Hat's off to Candace, who ran away with the CFOT during the two weeks it was going on. She even set a women's record in Fran along the way.

And on the men's side, it's a dead heat between favorite rivals Brandon and Daniel.

Daniel needed to tie Brandon in the Chief on his final workout on the rest day, and did just that, tying Brandon with 31 rounds.

So how's it going to be decided, you may be asking? The only right way, of course: with a 1:1 workout between the two!

Because we're gearing up for FGB this coming Saturday, I'm going to come up with a workout that the two of them will do against each other next week (preferably when they're both well-rested so that they can go at it with full force). The workout will emphasize strengths (and weaknesses) of both competitors, so that there won't be an unfair advantage one way or another. And we're looking for a high-power, short-duration style of workout.

And in the spirit of giving, I'd like to fully encourage everyone to engage in bet-making on this showdown between two of our top athletes. And I'd like all of the proceeds to go to the FGB fundraising pot we're building at CFO.

So let's hear it: who's your money on?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

are my points right? i didn't do fran... - sierra

Mike Minium said...

Good catch, Sierra. Your point total is now correct.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to everyone for finishing another tough throwdown. It was great to see more women step up and challenge each other. I'm sure the men's finale will be quite a duel.

T

Connie Moreno said...

I had a great Throwdown experience- it was a lot harder than I thought, but in a good way.

Congrats to Candace and ALL the female participants, you ladies rock!

SMRTGIRLY said...

yeah - what Connie said - You rock, Candace! Glad it's over...

Anonymous said...

I want to see the workout before I place any bets. More importantly I want to know if Brad Gilliat is going to host everyone at his house or clubhouse afterwards.

Also wanted to give big props to Lance for placing so high in the Throwdown. It seems like just yesterday that I attended the 6am class during the March Throwdown and he was getting absolutely worked by Linda. Lance is a great example of how hard work, dedication, and eating well pays off!

daniel said...

Nabil,
There you go again giving Lance a verbal HJ.
Seriously though...
Lance has made some incredible gains. Whatever he is doing, we all need to get on board.

As for the final WOD:
Grace

Brandon Banks said...

I heart Lance.

Anonymous said...

I would heart Lance too if he owned me in Michael.