Tuesday, March 25, 2008

CFOT Results: 30 Muscle-Ups for Time


Nicole Carroll, of CFHQ, working the transition of the muscle-up


Yesterday's WOD was another CrossFit classic workout: 30 muscle-ups for time.

These single element days, much like yesterday's clean-and-jerk workout, are some of the most interesting workouts. They don't let you make up for any lack of skill in the element through running faster or working harder. You simply have it or you don't.

The men's division was another close race, and with a couple more heavy hitters still needing to make up the workout, the results are preliminary.

In the women's division, it was Candace and Tamara once again setting a great example of what is possible in CrossFit. The two of them were the only ones to do the workout as prescribed on the women's side.

And in case you're wondering, the results only counted as prescribed if your wrists were turned out for every single muscle-up.

Top 3 Men:

Mini 4:54
Daniel 6:45
Patrick 9:34

Top 2 Women:

Candace 15:03
Tamara 18:22


It's back to benchmark workouts again today, with Barbara (5 rounds of 20 pull-ups, 30 push-ups, 40 sit-ups, and 50 squats) making an appearance this time.

The CFOT totals have been updated through the muscle-up workout.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did 25 in 7:30 or so. I stopped at 25 to avoid popping a blister.

Decided to do sets of multiples this time instead of singles as long as I could. I did 6-4-3-2 in the first 2:30 and then singles after that. Last time I did 30 singles in 7:28.

I was hoping to get 30 in 5 minutes but it didn't happen. Wrists were turned out each rep.

Nice work Mike!

steven T said...

after killing my shoulder... ill take my 2 points. Lets just say that this workout exceeded my Tommy V

and shouldnt i be at 52 (before 30 muscle ups for time) after the clean and jerks mike?

Im still gonna redo fgb to at least get me 2 points... i think ill do it on sunday when I get back.

Mike Minium said...

Steven,

I just gave you your two points for the 30 muscle-ups, which takes your total up to 51.

I can do a recount later today if I have time, but I'm pretty sure this is accurate.

The discrepancy could be due to the fact that I only gave you 1 point for FGB.

Anonymous said...

Sick! SoCal must have a tiny fraction of the gravitational forces we must deal with up here in NorCal. I always hear people talk about how SoCal and NorCal are like different states,... apparently they are actually different planets!

Anonymous said...

different planets completely...

just asking but I trust your ubor math sk33lz Mike.

youre right about the you either have it or dont and cant muscle your way. I did it once with my uncle on Sunday shy of 2 hours and thought I honed my skills to do it again and ya... I had two ice packs on the shoulders all day yesterday.

Anonymous said...

barb

1 - 2:07
2 - 1:58
3 - 2:45
4 - 3:09
5 - 4:00

13:59 rx'd

daniel said...

Steven
That is a good score for Barb.

We were doing BarBARA!
When you do it at half volume I'm sure you could do it that fast!

steven T said...

but i thought this was the 1/2 volume week? If you add up my range of motion on all the exercises for half of the workout, it would equate to a how much work you had to do as well.

work = force x distance

steven T said...

see i remember some physics... putting it into good use. I guess I learned something at school after all.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, guess what, I did barbara in 10 minutes flat. I did it in canada Eh, with OPT. my times were:

2
2
2
2
2

p. said...

direct all comments regarding the last comment to patrick ryan mcmahon.

you're awesome steven, and by awesome, I mean I hate you.

when are back, so we can witness your rediculous accomplishments IN PERSON?

daniel said...

Yes...
but Force = Mass x Acceleration
and since are differences in mass can be assumed to be negligible, and my Acceleration of my body when I was actually working out (not resting) was over twice that of your steady pace my instantaneous power output was substantially higher than yours.

basically you should just check out this link...and you'll get the point.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pY8nXhsxgZo&feature=related

steven T said...

of course patrick, you will be the first to witness my next fran time.

steven T said...

daniel, i think ive learned not to follow your youtube links.