Friday, March 21, 2008

CFOT Results: Handstand Push-Up/L Pull-Up Ladder


Eva T holding a handstand down under


Today's WOD was a brutal couplet that combined handstand push-ups with L pull-ups.

The format was as follows:

For time:
15 Handstand push-ups
1 L Pull-up
13 Handstand push-ups
3 L Pull-ups
11 Handstand push-ups
5 L Pull-ups
9 Handstand push-ups
7 L Pull-ups
7 Handstand push-ups
9 L Pull-ups
5 Handstand push-ups
11 L Pull-ups
3 Handstand push-ups
13 L Pull-ups
1 Handstand push-up
15 L Pull-ups


This was a workout where just doing it as rx'd was a huge accomplishment (only 8 men and 1 woman did it as rx'd at CFO).

The men's race was fairly tight, but in the end, Daniel, our resident handstand push-up king, prevailed over Nabil and Steven.

On the women's side, it was a one-woman contest, with Candace finishing the workout as rx'd. Many other women were close and I saw a lot of breakthroughs, but Candace's ability to execute strict L pull-ups is a feat worthy of recognition.

Top 3 Men:

Daniel 11:25
Nabil 12:41
Steven 13:10

Top Woman:

Candace 47:48


Enjoy the rest day. There are only seven more workouts to go!

The CFOT totals have been updated through today's workout.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just did this one. 27:26 with a few sloppy HSPU's here and there.
HSPUs are hard.
Allen

Anonymous said...

Mike -

Just a friendly reminder to add in those points for me!

OKAY, A NOT SO FRIENDLY REMINDER!!!!!!

COME ON, HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO CATCH FANCY PANTS?

bad brad

Anonymous said...

Candace, you are amazing. Really, all of you who did it as Rx'd are quite a marvel. (Hey Lau, you missed it, half way thru my brain figured it out and I could do 7 in a row at one mat.) Allen, love your sloppy HSPUs. I'll be working Sunday to 3:30 :(, so I will crank out two on Monday...anyone joining me?

Anonymous said...

Way to go Candace on beautiful L-pull ups. This is one of those work outs I would sit out but since my only goal in the damn thrown down thing is to simply not have negative points, I showed up and the highlight was Candace's pull ups.

I have to say that while I am frequently reminded of my physical incapacities in these workouts--and do try and these experiences as an exercise in humility and therefore a gift--this one was hard on my heart.

So I will take joy in seeing Candace also really improve on her HSPU, Angela increasing her range of motion on the kipping pull up and Audra doing a beautfiul kipping L sit pull up. I also want to call out to Beth that every time I see you working out, you have mastered a new skill! When the going gets tough, it is nice to see the progress of others! Thank you!

LB

steven T said...

man just finished dinner and come back to find another oly day... wtheck! (I think you guys are rigging this up against me) guess ill be doing both of these on Monday as well unless 24 hour fitness lets me do oly lifts and throw plates around the gym. Have a Happy Easter everyone!

Candace said...

Amy and LB. Thanks for the props ladies. Happy Easter everyone:) Off to enjoy the sun on a bike ride!

Anonymous said...

nice weather down here in SoCal.

clean and jerk results = 232.5

not a full squat clean and split jerk... full lock out not arms bent thank you very much. Did them without bumper plates so it got a little messy.

Will be at crossfit long beach or huntington (marina) for the muscle ups tomorrow... my blisters just healed too.

p. said...

mikey,
Fresno physical tomorrow, might make a night class for the muscle-ups, but otherwise I'll be making up both wods...
p.

TRocksTheParty said...

Good luck P-Hole! Hope to catch you in the pm for your muscle-ups.

daniel said...

Steven,
Nice work. Too bad I beat you by 0.3 lbs!
Enjoy the nice weather!

steven T said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
steven T said...

will be at crossfit long beach tonight for some muscle ups... I think huntington beach is running a day behind the national site. Hit the globo gym for a nice set of squat tripples this morning, and I even rowed more than 1k! dayamm. I had a weekend binge fest, must get back on track.

steven T said...

and its friggin hot down here...